Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some Thoughts and Advice

I have been thinking about some of the great comments I've received about my work and some of you have asked for advice.


1) Make sure if you are going to one day want to hold that book in your hands that everything is 300dpi. I know plenty of people who, intending to digiscrap for viewing on the computer only, who later want a concrete piece (the book) that can be saved and looked at for generations to come, only to realize that the "books" they created in 72dpi to share online with friends and family, are resolutions that won't print well. It costs nothing to use the right resolutions in the long run.
2)Take advantage of some of the companies that make the books by registering with all of them to receive great discounts and sometimes free books. Become their fan on FaceBook, too. The give a ways are frequent there! You can always register through my ads.
3)Make your scrapbook or photobook  your own style !
I, for one, have a style all my own.
My books, whether I print them myself or have them created, are my creation, and  the people who see them can tell who created them. I sometimes love an "over the top" look. You might like a simple page, letting the photo be the main focus.
Whatever is your style, make it yours !
---Mary



No comments:

Our Most Popular Posts

Blog Archive kits

My Zazzle Store "Nola Original"